Friday, April 10, 2009

This is SPARTA!!!

Being of the competitive nature I am and believing I was now in "great shape" after 6 months of regular workouts and good eating (along with a background in weightlifting for a period of 5 years earlier in life) I was looking for a challenge. What did I find? The '300' workout. What I read was intriuging yet petrifying at the same time. Apparently this was the workout of the Gods! Only real-life Spartan warriors or Hollywood stuntmen and body doubles could complete such a workout. I was itching to put my new body to the test against such gladiators. After completing the first 25 pull-ups in about 10 seperate rounds, breaking my back in the deadlift and injuring my sacrum on the 7th box-jump I quickly realized I wasn't quite the indestructible machine I thought I had become. Thirty five minutes later after having done a better job at completely destroying my self-worth than completing the workout I was now second guessing my last six months of training.

It was time for a change...

No comments:

Post a Comment