Sunday, August 9, 2009

090809

My first Tabata...
It sure was something else...Going on my 2nd month of CF now. this was the first time I've walked away from a WOD embarassed, confused and frustrated in my first two months of CF.

I began the workout as Rx'd:

Pullups
Round1 14, great start for me!
Round2 5
Round3 2
Round4 2
Round5 LOL

As you can see 10s rest just wasn't enough for me. I stopped the workout completely confused. I thought I must have been doing something wrong. It just couldn't be this hard.

I thought maybe the workout should have been done as 8 rounds of:

Pullup
Pushup
Situp
Squat

giving myself about 90 seconds until I come back to the same exercise. So I attempted it this way and made it through 2 rounds and found myself gased again, now I was just frustrated. After examining the Rx again I was certain it was supposed to be 8 sets of pullups, followed by 8 sets of pushups, 8 situps, 8 squats.

Now what really surprised me is I didn't read of much warning to scale this WOD. So let this be your warning if you've never done a Tabata.

Tabata means business!

No comments:

Post a Comment