Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 5 - "like a million bucks"

It's Friday! Feelin like Snoop this mornin might just throw on my blue chucks. Weighed in at 179! I haven't been this light since I was 16 and I ate a ton yesterday.

Last night was pretty rough mentally. We BBQ'd with the neighbors and you know there's never going to be a shortage of alcohol. I stayed true, we did up some gorgeous fillets of salmon along with a nice salad and bbq'd pineapple. I had cramps for the 3rd night in a row in my calves. I read up on it this morning, initial research seems to be pointing to an electrolyte imbalance most probably because of no salt intake. I also saw mention of possibly needing magnesium/calcium.

Let's see what WebMD has to say...

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/tc/nighttime-leg-cramps-topic-overview

What causes nighttime leg cramps?

  • Getting too much exercise or overusing the muscles.

Possible cause, I doubt it though since I'm actually exercising less since I haven't been balling.

  • Standing on concrete for a long time, sitting for a long time, or putting your legs in awkward positions while you sleep.

I'm pretty balanced in these areas, and I don't recall any awkward positions (at least while I was asleep).

  • Not having enough potassium, calcium, and other minerals in your blood.

Common cause I seem to be reading, hopefully the calcium/magnesium tablets I'm taking today will help.

  • Being dehydrated.

Definitely not the the cause. My Total Body Water % (TBW) is very high right now around 63%.

  • Taking certain medicines, such as antipsychotics, birth control pills, diuretics, statins, and steroids.

Nope.

  • Having flat feet.

That's my brother Fed Flinstone they call him. Mostly because he doesn't wear shoes...

  • Having thyroid disease.

Nope.

Anyways I'm not too worried my bods probably just adjusting to it's new pH level.

Had left over salmon, poached eggs, spinach and a bowl of mixed fruits and walnuts for breakfast. Packed my spinach, apple, raisin, strawberry, rasberry, walnut, chicken salad for lunch and grabbed a grapefruit, pluot, white nectarine, hard boiled egg for snacks.

I think I'll actually rest for todays Rest Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment